[R] 3D plot/surface rotation

Brian D Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 17:11:44 CEST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Thomas W Blackwell wrote:

> Perhaps MZodet wants the interactive, mouse controlled rotation
> capability offered by ggobi <www.ggobi.org> ?  Designed for linux
> but advertises "better portability to Microsoft Windows".
> I have no experience myself either installing or using this.

It doesn't cover surfaces AFAIK.  There are R-GL packages which do allow
user-controlled rotations of surfaces (and more).  Another possibility is
to write some widget (e.g. in Tcl/Tk) to control the screen argument, and
replot when the argument is changed (as the tkdensity demo does).  Under
Windows, the latter works a lot better in 1.8.0 alpha which has buffering.