[R] Aggregating frequency of irregular time series

Heywood, Giles Giles.Heywood at CommerzbankIB.com
Wed Apr 7 17:19:25 CEST 2004

Although this thread might be considered closed by some, I'd like to make a
late contribution, since I contributed the extractIts() function in the
'its' package.

See ?itsSubset, which gives details of:

extractIts(x,weekday=FALSE,find=c("all","last","first"),period=c("week","mon
th"),partials=TRUE,select)

Using this on its own just 'extracts', using it with cumsum() and diff()
will give you 'sum' aggregation albeit with loss of precision.  As for
'average', it would depend how you want to average...

- Giles