[R] R on MacOS X

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Apr 8 06:48:05 CEST 2004

I just got a G4 running MacOS 10.3 today, so I immediately downloaded
R from CRAN.  To my disappointment, it insists on installing in a fixed
place and requires a root password to do so.  University policy is that
if your machine is on the net, you WON'T get root access nohow, unless
you're a designated sysadmin, which I'm not.  Is there any alternative
to downloading a source distribution and doing the classic
./configure;make;make install waltz?  Will there be?