[R] missing values for mda package

Wang, Zhu zhuw at mail.smu.edu
Fri Apr 9 20:50:26 CEST 2004

I basically wanted to use MARS to reproduce results using the dataset "Marketing" in the following book

http://www-stat-class.stanford.edu/~tibs/ElemStatLearn/

The authors actually provided S-Plus functions for mars, bruto ,etc. I used all default options of mars in R but there was an error due to NAs and I could not find any option to handle missing values.

Zhu Wang