[R] Re: [BioC] Makefile for installing all available packages

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Apr 14 17:42:50 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:07:42 +0200, Kasper Daniel Hansen
<k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk> wrote :

>On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 10:42:08PM -0400, Warnes, Gregory R wrote:
>> Below is a makefile I wrote to download and install all available R packages
>> from the CRAN and BioConductor package repositories.
>
>You do not find it a bit overkill to install all of CRAN per default?

I can see two situations where this would be desirable:

On a laptop or other machine that is often not connected to the net:
install everything just in case you might want something and can't go
to CRAN for it.

In a public lab where users have limited ability to install packages,
it's good to have them all there.

Duncan Murdoch