[R] Re: [BioC] Makefile for installing all available packages

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Wed Apr 14 18:28:23 CEST 2004

On 04/14/04 11:42, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:07:42 +0200, Kasper Daniel Hansen
><k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk> wrote :
>>You do not find it a bit overkill to install all of CRAN per default?
>
>I can see two situations where this would be desirable:
>
>On a laptop or other machine that is often not connected to the net:
>install everything just in case you might want something and can't go
>to CRAN for it.
>
>In a public lab where users have limited ability to install packages,
>it's good to have them all there.

A third reason:  You run a search site where you want people to
be able to search all the help files, such as the one at the end
of my sig.

May 1, after updating to R-1.9, I plan to try this script to see
if it knows not to update files that haven't changed, and add
some other odds and ends that I have installed.

Jon
Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/