[R] 1.9.0 for Debian 'stable' - volunteer needed

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Apr 18 15:10:54 CEST 2004

As Doug had reported, Debian packages for R 1.9.0 were uploaded last Monday.
These are currently part of 'unstable', but can already be used on 'testing'
into which they should migrate in a few days.

Debian 'stable' is another matter. Neither Doug nor I has a stable system
left that would be suitable for compiling R.  So we would need a volunteer
willing to work with us in order to build R 1.9.0 for that architecture.
This would probably entail rewriting/simplifying debian/rules etc somewhat,
and I would of course assist with that.

Thanks,   Dirk

--
The relationship between the computed price and reality is as yet unknown.
                                             -- From the pac(8) manual page