[R] outliers using Random Forest

Edgar Acuna edgar at cs.uprm.edu
Sun Apr 18 16:55:01 CEST 2004

Hello,
Does anybody know if the outscale option of randomForest yields the
standarized version of the outlier measure for each case? or the results
are only the raw values. Also I have notice that this measure presents
very high variability. I mean if I repeat the experiment I am getting very
different values for this measure and it is hard to flag the outliers.
This does not happen with two other criteria than I am using: LOF and
Bay's Orca. I am getting several cases that can be considered as outliers
with both approaches.
 I run my experiments  using Bupa and Diabetes available at
UCI Machine database repository.

Thanks in advance for any response.