[R] Creating a package in R 1.9.0

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Tue Apr 20 17:27:43 CEST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:12:07 +0100, Dimitrios Stasinopoulos
<d.stasinopoulos at londonmet.ac.uk> wrote:

>Dear all
>
>I am trying to create a package in R 1.9.0  and I a getting an
>error message which I do not understand. (I am using R in Windows
>XP and 2000)
>
>For example the following works well in 1.8.1
>
> C:\Program Files\R\rw1081\src\gnuwin32>make pkg-gamlss

That's not the normal way to build a user's package, that's the way to
build one of the packages in the R distribution.  It should probably
work, only if you have the full setup to build R itself.

Can you try

R CMD INSTALL gamlss

while you are in the parent directory of the package?

>FIND: Parameter format not correct make[2]: ***
>[C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw1090/library/gamlss/inst] Error 2 make[1]: ***
>[all] Error 2 make: *** [pkg-gamlss] Error 2

My guess would be that you're not putting the R tools first in your
path, so it's finding some incorrect version of one of them.  See
"readme.packages" for full directions.

Duncan Murdoch