[R] Error with 1.9.0 - Invalid HOMEDRIVE

Brett Melbourne bamelbourne at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 20 22:35:16 CEST 2004

That exact same thing is happening to me too. It seems to be intermittent.
After a reboot, it might (but might not) fix itself. My older versions of R
also no longer work. R1.8.1 fails with the windows message "R for Windows
GUI front-end has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry
for the inconvenience."

This appears to have occured to me after installing the latest Microsoft
Windows critical updates. I have reinstalled R1.8.1 and R1.9.0 to no avail.
None of the other programs on my computer are affected, only R.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Brett
Brett Melbourne, Postdoctoral Fellow
Biological Invasions IGERT www.cpb.ucdavis.edu/bioinv
Center for Population Biology, Storer Hall
University of California Davis CA 95616