[R] Multidimensional numeric structure

MMarques Power mmarques at inescporto.pt
Wed Apr 21 16:14:57 CEST 2004

I know  this is going to be a dumb question but...
I need a cube like struture , I have 3 dimensions well defined which
I need to define a value in the cube something like
Cube [][][] in C+ ou Java ...
I have thought in making a matrix and then an array...
and even the other way around.
The problem is that the I have the indexs and wanted to access direcly
the element both reading or writing without to much effort....

But how can "access" a specific number only by their index ?
of course It is possible to make a specific calc in order to reach the
place I needed ....
But what for ?  if I have the correct indexs directly ?

Is "R" capable of building such a struture besides adding up
matrixes and or arrays ?
Did I miss anything ?

Thanks in advance
Marco Marques