[R] Legend - revisited

Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy monica.palaseanu-lovejoy at stud.man.ac.uk
Tue Apr 27 12:31:36 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to put a legend to a graph of quintiles. The points for
quintiles are colored differently and the points themselves have
different sizes. I was able to match everything but the points sizes.
If i am using cex parameter it changes both the points and the text
dimensions ....

I am not sore if i was clear, but what i want is different sizes for the
points but same size for the text in the legend. Here it is the
command i am using:

legend(438000, 367000, c("1st quintile", "2nd quintile", "3rd
quintile", "4th quintile", "5th quintile"), pch = c(21,21,21,21,21),
pt.bg = c("blue", "green", "yellow", "brown", "red"), cex=1.2)

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Monica