[R] Legend - revisited

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Apr 27 18:13:16 CEST 2004

Hallo Monica

I tried to do the same task recently and the only solution I was
able to come with was to hack legend() function. You can find it
in graphics library (R1.9.0).

I just added

cex.pt = cex,

in the definition

and

cex=cex.pt,

instead cex=cex,

into draw points part of the function.

Than I can when calling legend to leave default cex or to use
different setting for legend text ("cex") and points ("cex.pt" ).

BTW cex is vectorised so cex=c(1,1,2,3) gives you different cex
setting for 4 different legend items.

I copied the modified function into my library and now I wait if
some other function starts to complain about my modifications :-).

HTH.
Cheers
Petr