[R] (no subject)

Tobias Verbeke tobias_verbeke at skynet.be
Mon Aug 9 13:49:26 CEST 2004

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 08:01:55 -0300
Paolo Tommasini <paolo at directwave.com.br> wrote:

> Hi ! mu name is Paolo and  I teach statistic in a small college in
> Brazil and we use Linux. We started to use R as our statitical software.
> I,ve been trying to use some commands I see in the documentation online
> but i doesn not work. Commands like
>
> simple.hist.and.boxplot  and  others related with graphing. Do I need a special ppackage ? how do I load it ?

This function is probably a function of the package "Simple"
that accompanies the user-contributed introduction to R "simpleR"

http://www.math.csi.cuny.edu/Statistics/R/simpleR/index.html

Download the tarball on this webpage

http://www.math.csi.cuny.edu/Statistics/R/simpleR/Simple_0.4.tar.gz

and install it (as root) as follows:

# R CMD INSTALL Simple_0.4.tar.gz

Then (as a normal user) you can load the package (from within
R using the library() command)

> library(Simple)

to see an example of this simple.hist.and.boxplot() function
do

> example(simple.hist.and.boxplot)

to see the help for it, use

>?simple.hist.and.boxplot

For graphics commands you do not need to use contributed
packages. On a standard R installation, a lot is already
available.

See ?hist, ?boxplot, ?plot etc. or the Graphics section
of the R manual "An Introduction to R".

HTH,
Tobias