[R] looking for graphic functions; was: (no subject)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Aug 9 14:01:21 CEST 2004

Paolo Tommasini wrote:

> Hi ! mu name is Paolo and  I teach statistic in a small college in
> Brazil and we use Linux. We started to use R as our statitical software.
> I,ve been trying to use some commands I see in the documentation online
> but i doesn not work. Commands like
>
> simple.hist.and.boxplot  and  others related with graphing. Do I need a
> special ppackage ? how do I load it ?

Please use a sensible subject line (and see the posting guide mentioned
below).
Where did you find anything about a function "simple.hist.and.boxplot"?
If you are talking about the online document "simpleR" by John Verzani,
I'd suggest to look at the corresponding R package mentioned in that
document. If it is not in there, either hack it yourself or ask the author.

Have you already looked at ?hist and ?boxplot?

Uwe Ligges