[R] error using daisy() in library(cluster). Bug?

javier garcia - CEBAS rn001 at cebas.csic.es
Thu Aug 12 12:53:28 CEST 2004

Hi,
I'm using the cluster library to examine multivariate data.
The data come from a connection to a postgres database, and I did a short R
script to do the analisys. With the cluster version included in R1.8.0, daisy
worked well for my data, but now, when I call daisy, I obtain the following
messages:
---------
Error in if (any(sx == 0)) { : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
In addition: Warning message:
binary variable(s) 116 treated as interval scaled in:
daisy(concentracion.data.frame, stand = TRUE)
---------

Al the variables in my dataframe are numeric. Although I've got NA values,
and I've seen that if a do the analisys for a subset of the dataframe,
selecting just columns with no NA, the result is good.
Could this be a bug?

Thanks, and best regards

Javier