[R] How to use the whole dataset (including between events) in Cox model (time-varying covariates) ?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 08:40:17 CEST 2004

This is the consequence of the use of partial likelihood in the Cox model.
You should read the literature on this point (for example, have you read
Cox, 1972 and all its discussion, or Anderson, Borgan, Gill & Keiding?).

It is not an R question.  You need to make more assumptions, such as a
smooth baseline hazard, and you can always use parametric models and a
full likelihood (but you may have to program them yourself).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk