[R] column names in data.frame

Alec Stephenson astephen at efs.mq.edu.au
Fri Aug 20 02:59:13 CEST 2004

Your years are your row names; if you want to use them in an analysis,
it may be easiest to create a new column of years using cbind.

Alec Stephenson
Department of Statistics
Macquarie University
NSW 2109, Australia

>>> louize99 at yahoo.co.uk 08/20/04 10:43am >>>
Hi Steve and Alec,

Thanks for your help - the 2nd column does have a column name ...
see below:

> d2
        av_tl
1979 3.520333
1980 3.513684
etc ...

or maybe I only have 1 column, as I can change "av_tl" to "year",
"whatever"... but then what is the list of dates (labels)?
I need to put a name to this column for subsequent analysis.
Thanks
Louize