[R] column names in data.frame

Austin, Matt maustin at amgen.com
Fri Aug 20 03:27:34 CEST 2004

Note that split() creates a list with each component named by the year.
When you use the sapply function the names are retained in the attribute
"names", you can print this out to see or use str() or look at the output
from the attribute() function.

Your division also maintains the names and then when you coerce av.tl into a
dataframe they are translated to row names.  Check out the output from
row.names(d2).  If you want these as part of your dataframe you could so
something like

data.frame(d2, year=row.names(d2))
or
data.frame(av.tl, year=names(av.tl))