[R] dropping rows

Peter Alspach PAlspach at hortresearch.co.nz
Thu Dec 2 03:17:28 CET 2004

Tobias

I remember finding Patrick Burns' "S Poetry" (see http://www.burns-stat.com/ ) worth reading - and it covers this sort of thing nicely.

Peter Alspach

>>> Tobias Muhlhofer <t.muhlhofer at lse.ac.uk> 02/12/04 13:57:47 >>>
Thanks.

The problem is that there is extremely little on dataframes or matrices
in "An Intro to R", which I did read and I frankly don't know where else
to go.

Once I know a function like subset() exists, I can then read the help
files on it and that's fine, but I would never dream this function up
myself...

As for indexing, I DID read "An Introduction to R" and I did NOT catch
the part where it says you can use any variable in the dataframe to
index it, nor would I have thought of it by myself. From that
documentation, I only learned about using row-labels to index things...

But I am definitely thankful for the quick help given to me by people on
this list, and so I guess being RTFM'ed is a small price to pay for
figuring out how to solve the problem I need to solve.

Toby