[R] How about a mascot for R?

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Wed Dec 8 13:10:28 CET 2004

reposting...

-----Original Message-----
From: Rau, Roland
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 2:57 PM
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: RE: [R] How about a mascot for R?

Dear all,

browsing through the suggestions, I have the impression that the general
direction is towards an animal from New Zealand (I guess because of the
roots of R). But since the R Foundation is now located in Vienna,
Austria. What about a typical Austrian animal? Is there one? Maybe a
"Wolpertinger". A Wolpertinger is a fantasy animal which is a rabbit
with the antlers known from deer and some wings from a bird. In addition
to the "Austrian headquarters", another reason for such an animal which
does not exist in reality (or does it???) is that coding something with
R is sometimes so easy that it appears to be almost unreal.

What do you think about this idea?

Best,
Roland

P.S.
A picture of a Wolpertinger can be found at the bottom of the page:
http://www.einsamer-schuetze.com/krypto/fabelwesen/wolpertinger/wolpi.ht
ml

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}