[R] memory problem

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Wed Dec 8 16:27:28 CET 2004

Some additional details would help. What platform? What does the C++ code do
that might cause a memory leak? How are you calling it?

I don't see why unloading the library would free memory even if it were
allocated outside R's memory management. Unless you're using Windows you
don't need to worry about allocating memory for R, just check that there are
no limits on memory allocation set by the administrator.

Reid Huntsinger