[R] memory problem

Samuel Kemp sam.kemp2 at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 8 17:46:05 CET 2004

Thanks.

Here is some more information.....

My platform is a Linux desktop.

The C++ code implements a Gamma test which is calculated by constructing
near neighbour lists (kd-tree) - the C++ code returns the deltas and
gammas, the R code gets the noise estimate of the data by doing a linear
regression on these deltas and gammas. However, at the end of my C++
code I do delete all objects on the free store.

This Gamma test code should be called 16,000 times but R crashes after
about 14,000, with "killed".