[R] elliptic functions

Robin Hankin r.hankin at soc.soton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 13:25:16 CET 2004

Hi List

I'm thinking of putting together some R functionality (maybe a package)
of elliptic functions.   An elliptic function is one that is doubly
periodic on the
complex plane and I think they are cool.

One objective of mine is to reproduce  Abramowitz and Stegun's
beautiful diagram on
p643 (figure 18.5).

The gsl package does sn, cn, dn et seq, but before I put a huge amount
of
effort in, has anyone else coded up any related material?

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has anything on  Weierstrass's P
function (in particular,
computing  omega1 and omega2 from general g2 and g3)  and his
sigma functions.  Jacobi's theta functions would be good too.

--
Robin Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst