[R] ROracle/DBI problem with dbExecStatement on RH Linux

Simon Holgate simonh at pol.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 14:06:52 CET 2004

Hi,

first thanks to Sunny Ho (and David James for the pointer) for resolving
the problem of the empty rows returned from ROracle.

However, I have a problem still:

  > library(ROracle)
  > ora <- dbDriver("Oracle")
  > con <- dbConnect(ora, user = USER, password = PWD, dbname = DBNAME)
  > rs <- dbExecStatement(con, "select * from USER_TABLES")
 Error in .class1(object) : No direct or inherited method for function
 "dbExecStatement" for this call

dbSendQuery/dbGetQuery work fine. I've reinstalled ROracle 0.5-5 and DBI
0.1-8 from source on RH Linux Enterprise WS release 3 Taroon update;
kernel 2.4.21-9.0.1; Oracle 9.2.0.1; R 1.9.1.

Any suggestions on resolving this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon