[R] US 2004 Elections map

Hedderik van Rijn hedderik at van-rijn.org
Sun Dec 12 21:43:58 CET 2004

Hi,

I've updated the page with the US election maps, now using white
instead of purple for counties that are 50/50 (thanks to Gregoire
Thomas for the code). I like this graph, it relays the information a
lot better. (Note that New England's missing counties are white as
well.) I also removed some old code that was still around in the map.r
file, so it now actually works when source'ing the code.

    http://www.ai.rug.nl/~hedderik/R/US2004

Moreover, some people asked me about a portfolio of graphics for R,
e.g.:

David Forrest wrote:

> I really like that -- Is there a place where R collects a portfolio of
> graphics and the code to build them?  I think these sorts of things
> could
> help demonstrate and disseminate the graphics abilities of R.

I would be more than willing to host such a page. If someone has graphs
(with or without code) that s/he wants to share, please let me know,
I'll create a page with pointers (or code/graphs itself), and will
report back to the list.

  - Hedderik.

P.S. And for those who asked whether I forgot Alaska and Hawaii, I did
indeed forget about Alaska, but for Hawaii you just have to look
slightly more to the left, just left of your monitor. :-)