[R] switching to Linux, suggestions?

Thomas Schönhoff tom_woody at swissinfo.org
Mon Dec 13 17:22:21 CET 2004

Hello,

Thomas W Volscho schrieb:
> Dear List,
> I have acquired a new desktop and wanted to put a free OS on it.  I am trying Fedora Core 1, but not sure what the best Linux OS is for using R 2.0.1?

R is developed on Linux, so there shouldn't be too much restrictions
on whatever distri you're going to use!
If running a new shiny Desktop you might consider other aspects than
using R, which should run with every Linux distribution.
If you're looking for something comfortable to install and maintain
you might give Quatian a try
(http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html). This is a somewhat
modified Knoppix trimmed to statistical analysis (not entirely, though)

regards

Thomas