[R] switching to Linux, suggestions?

apjaworski@mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Mon Dec 13 17:58:45 CET 2004

The newest "production" release of Fedora is Core 3.  I would use this one
if I were you.

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
518-1-01
Process Laboratory
3M Corporate Research Laboratory
-----
E-mail: apjaworski at mmm.com
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

             Thomas Schönhoff
             <tom_woody at swissi
             nfo.org>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  R User-Liste
             r-help-bounces at st         <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
             at.math.ethz.ch                                            cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/13/2004 10:22          Re: [R] switching to Linux,
             AM                        suggestions?

Hello,

Thomas W Volscho schrieb:
> Dear List,
> I have acquired a new desktop and wanted to put a free OS on it.  I am
trying Fedora Core 1, but not sure what the best Linux OS is for using R
2.0.1?

R is developed on Linux, so there shouldn't be too much restrictions
on whatever distri you're going to use!
If running a new shiny Desktop you might consider other aspects than
using R, which should run with every Linux distribution.
If you're looking for something comfortable to install and maintain
you might give Quatian a try
(http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html). This is a somewhat
modified Knoppix trimmed to statistical analysis (not entirely, though)

regards

Thomas