[R] switching to Linux, suggestions?

bogdan romocea br44114 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 18:05:54 CET 2004

Before choosing a GNU/Linux distribution look into the package
management issue.
http://distrowatch.com/
I would suggest that you avoid all RPM-based distributions (Mandrake,
Fedora, SuSE), and consider Debian (+ those based on it) & the
source-based distributions (such as Gentoo). I've been using Mandrake
for a couple of years but got tired of RPM.

HTH,
b.