[R] switching to Linux, suggestions?

doktora v doktora at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 18:35:55 CET 2004

I'm using SUSE with success on intel laptop and AMD desktop. You get
the best of both worlds: rpm and source. I can easily get the rpm
packages i need, and compile on my own the things that i can spend
time on (such as R 2.0.1 -- compiles out of the box on suse).

BTW, I'm looking to switch to Mac platform. Anyone had any experience
with that? I'm expecting on a power G4 laptop later this week.... hope
R behaves...

-- doktora