[R] MIME decoding in Mozilla Thunderbird

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 15 16:46:30 CET 2004

    CG> Ok, the time consumption could be a problem, I find it quite okay though.
    CG> My problem is to reach the actual messages.

    CG> If I use the option File/Attechments/Open, the window that opens just
    CG> contain a list of all headers from the last 24 hours (from which I just
    CG> choosed one - as I thought)

    CG> If I on the other hand use File/Attechments/Save, I can save the choosen
    CG> message as an .eml file. Why can´t I open it?

    CG> I realise this question should be on the Thunderbird list, but I have a
    CG> feeling the coding in the MIME-digests of this list are unusually advanced.

I don't think so.

AFAIK there are thousands of mailman-operated mailing lists out
there, and all of them use the same MIME digestification.

Consequently, I now think that you could pose this question / problem
on the 'mailman-users' mailing list as well and may get other
suggestions. (When you do, please indicate that we use "mailman
2.1.5" which is the latest released version).

Martin