[R] Developing R classes

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue Dec 28 18:00:32 CET 2004

Fritz's lecture at useR! 2004 may also be a good starting point:
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/Conferences/useR-2004/Keynotes/Leisch.pdf

Andy

> From: Gilvan Justino
>
> Hi,
>
> I´m trying to write some R classes but I din´t find
> documentation enought to develop them. I read there is 2 ways
> to write classes, using S3 ou S4 models. And it seems that S4
> is the best model, so I thing I should use this one.
>
> I´m new user of R and I´m searched on the net some
> information about creating new classes. I found this document:
> http://www.biostat.harvard.edu/courses/individual/bio271/lectu
res/L11/S4Objects.pdf
If someone knows some docs about creating our own classes, could please,
post its url at here ?

More one question... It seems that some documents about S can be applyed to
R. How do you know if you can use this documentation using R ? I´m asking
this because some stufs I was looking for I found more explanation using S
and not R. Am I right or I´m looking in the wrong place ?

Thanks a lot!