[R] structured random effects

David Firth d.firth at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 20:38:55 CET 2004

Thanks to Douglas and Spencer for their helpful replies.

I take that as a fairly authoritative "no" to my question!  The
difficulty
in the model I mentioned is not only the crossed design, but the
"homologous" factors (ie i and j take the same values),
and U_i - U_j with the *same* "U" variable
appearing twice with different subscripts in the predictor.

Thanks again -- I am happy to know that If I work on this I'm not
reinventing what already exists.

Best regards,
David