[R] Bhat: installation problem

Agustin.Lobo@ija.csic.es Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
Wed Feb 11 12:52:04 CET 2004

Hi!

I'm trying to install package Bhat on
a Win machine, had a problem and figured out
a fix, but would like to report the
problem and make sure the fix is correct. This is what I do:
1. Download Bhat_0.9-07.tar.gz
2. Uncompress it and compress it back to Bhat_0.9-07.zip
3. Install from the R windows gui (that
apparentely requires the zip compression and cannot
deal with the tar.gz)

But when I type
library(Bhat)

I get:

Error in testRversion(descfirlds): This package has not been installed
properly. See Note in ?library

There it says that a "Built:" field should exist in DESCRIPTION.
As it is not there, I've copied a Built field from another
package and now library(Bhat) seems to work. But, is this
fix correct?

Thanks for any help on this,

Agus

PLEASE NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera"
CSIC
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona
Spain