[R] Bhat: installation problem

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 11 14:05:30 CET 2004

Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to install package Bhat on
> a Win machine, had a problem and figured out
> a fix, but would like to report the
> problem and make sure the fix is correct. This is what I do:
> 1. Download Bhat_0.9-07.tar.gz
> 2. Uncompress it and compress it back to Bhat_0.9-07.zip
> 3. Install from the R windows gui (that
> apparentely requires the zip compression and cannot
> deal with the tar.gz)
>
> But when I type
> library(Bhat)
>
> I get:
>
> Error in testRversion(descfirlds): This package has not been installed
> properly. See Note in ?library
>
> There it says that a "Built:" field should exist in DESCRIPTION.
> As it is not there, I've copied a Built field from another
> package and now library(Bhat) seems to work. But, is this
> fix correct?
>
> Thanks for any help on this,
>
> Agus

You have installed a source package instead of a binary package.

Just
  install.packages("Bhat")
should work and install the correct package from CRAN.

Please read the R for Windows FAQ re package installation, the R
Installation and Administration manual, and you might also be interested
in the recent R News' Help Desk article.

Uwe Ligges