[R] AGREP

Marcos Sanches marcos.sanches at ipsos-opinion.com.br
Wed Feb 11 18:53:33 CET 2004

	Hi all, I have two questions

1 - I have the version 1.4.1 of R, and it doesn't have the 'agrep'
function in the base library. Is there a way to make this funcion
avaliable in R 1.4.1? I mean, how to 'copy' it from R 1.8.1 and 'paste'
it in R 1.4.1?

2 - The AGREP function doesn't give me the Levenshtein distance (edit
distance). Is there a function in R that does it? Is there a way to use
AGREP to acomplish this task? I've written such a function, but it is so
slow (has so many loops) that it is beeing useless.

TIA