[R] About the macro defined in Rinternals.h

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 11 20:52:28 CET 2004

Song Baiyi <song.baiyi at udo.edu> writes:

> I try to  write a c++ code which calls embedded R and uses some of R
> internal functions. What I read is just lots of macro names defined in
> the Rinternals.h or Rdefines like R_Parse, Rf_install and so on. But
> where can I get the detailed information about the parameters of these
> macro?  For example, what about the parameters of  SEXP
> R_ParseVector(SEXP, int, ParseStatus *)?

You can check in "Writing R Extensions" but, as always, the most
authorative documentation is the source.  Fortunately, R is an open
source project, which means that you can download the sources and
read them.

Note that we don't guarantee stability between releases except for
those routines that are documented as part of the API in the manual
"Writing R Extensions" (and sometimes not even for them :-) .