R for economists (was: [R] Almost Ideal Demand System)

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Thu Feb 19 15:32:04 CET 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:14:17 +0200 Mahmoud K. Okasha wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know a few papers in economics and econometrics using R. One of them
> in the Journal of Applied Econometrics. You may have a look at the
> following link:
> http://netec.mcc.ac.uk/WoPEc/data/Articles/jaejapmetv:14:y:1999:i:3:p:319-29
> .html
> or you could download the paper from the R-project site:
> http://www.r-project.org/nocvs/papers/Cribari-Neto+Zarkos:1999.pdf

There was also another paper in the JAE in 2002 about econometrics and
R:

@Article{jae:Racine+Hyndman:2002,
  author    = {Jeff Racine and Rob Hyndman},
  title     = {Using \textsf{R} To Teach Econometrics},
  journal   = {Journal of Applied Econometrics},
  year      = {2002},
  volume    = {17},
  pages     = {175--189}
}

which gave a nice overview of what is (resp. was available at that time)
in R for doing basic econometrics.