[R] R: Including R plots in a Microsoft Word document

uaca@alumni.uv.es uaca at alumni.uv.es
Fri Feb 20 17:36:35 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 05:54:33PM +0200, Mahmoud K. Okasha wrote:
> Greetings List,
>
> I am conducting some large simulations using R. As a result, I get many plots but I'm having some trouble with including some of them in a Microsoft Word document. Can any one tell me the easiest method of having copies of the R-graphs in the Word documents?

R can produce at least PostScript, PDF, png, jpeg/jpg

see:

	help(postscript)
	help(pdf)
	help(png)
	help(jpeg)

I don't use word, for me the PostScript format (more precisely Encapsulated
PostScript/.eps) is the best/more easy/powerful format if you don't have thousands of
points or lines :-)

por instance, to print a simple plot:

postscript(file="somefile.eps");

plot(whatever);

dev.off(); <<---- Important

other formats are similar

regards

	Ulisses

                Debian GNU/Linux: a dream come true
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso

Humans are slow, innaccurate, and brilliant.
Computers are fast, acurrate, and dumb.
Together they are unbeatable

--->	Visita http://www.valux.org/ para saber acerca de la	<---
--->	Asociación Valenciana de Usuarios de Linux		<---