[R] levelplot add line

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:34:13 CET 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 08:13, Jeff Jorgensen wrote:
> Deepayan,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.  Just to make sure I understand, let me
> explain in a bit more detail what I am trying to do.
>
> I have created a levelplot (with contour lines and colored regions), and
> what I am trying to figure out now is how to add a series of horizontal
> lines across the levelplot and also assign values or labels to the lines
> on the alternative y-axis.  Would I do this with the route you suggest
> below?

For adding the lines, yes. Take a look at ?panel.functions and ?llines.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'assign values or labels to the lines on the
alternative y-axis'. As a general rule, panel regions are 'clipped', i.e.,
any attempt by the panel function to draw outside the panel has no effect.
This can be overridden by with lset(list(clip = list(panel = FALSE))), but
I wouldn't recommend using it unless you know what you are doing.

Deepayan