[R] Loading SparseM on Win2K

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Feb 27 08:36:49 CET 2004

Jim_Garrett at bd.com wrote:

> I'm having trouble loading the package SparseM in R 1.8.1, OS = Windows
> 2000.
>
> Installing appeared to go well; I saw no error messages, html documentation
> was installed, and "installed.packages()" lists SparseM among the installed
> packages.
>
> When I try to load the library, however, I get the following:
>

>>library(SparseM)
>
> Error in slot(mlist, "argument") : Can't get a slot ("argument") from an
> object of type "NULL"
> Error in print("SparseM library loaded") :
>         S language method selection got an error when called from internal
> dispatch for function "print"
> Error in library(SparseM) : .First.lib failed
>
> Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?  Or what I should do next to
> diagnose the problem?

Hmm. SparseM-0.34 passes Rcmd check (R-1.8.1 for Windows) and loads on
my machine.

Possible solutions:

1. Try to reinstall the package.
2. Try to start R with option --vanilla and try again (something may be
strange with your Workspace or Startup files)
3. Reinstall R, something might be wrong with package methods.

Uwe Ligges