[R] correlation/random effects when using nlme

J-C. Marioni jcm68 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 15:14:32 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use nlme to program a model where, as well as a number of
fixed effects, I have a random effect for each subject in my model.

I would also like to include a correlation statement in my model, where the
grouping factor for the correlation is a subset of the observations on a
particular subject.

However, when I try and program this, R will not let me use a different
grouping structure for the random effects and the correlation structure. I
can't seem to solve this problem myself and so I would be grateful for any
help!

Thanks,

John Marioni
University of Cambridge