[R] Read In and Output Postscript file

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at medanalytics.com
Thu Jan 29 00:31:11 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 14:19, Brad Holmes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am only a few months old at R and I have encountered an interesting
> issue.
>
> Would it be possible to read in a pre-existing postscript file, and
> output it "as is" through R?
>
> I have five plots, and I am placing them in a layout that is 2 X 3. I
> was hoping to "insert" the pre-existing postscript file made from
> Molscript in the last spot.
>
> Thanks for your time!
>
> ~Brad Holmes
> Research Assistant
> Texas A&M University

If the final goal is a single PS file with all 6 graphics in a 2 x 3
matrix, your best bet might be to generate the five R graphics
separately as PS or EPS files. Then import each of the six PS/EPS files
into a document layout program.

Your e-mail header suggests that you are on a Mac. If you have access to
MS Word or an alternate document processing program like OpenOffice or a
functional equivalent, you can import EPS files into a table, with each
graphic going into a cell in the table. You can then "print" the
document to a PS file, using a PS printer driver.

Others may have alternate ideas.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz