[R] path related problem XEmacs Unix

Christian Hoffmann christian.hoffmann at wsl.ch
Thu Jul 1 16:00:29 CEST 2004

Hi there,

May I ask the following question.
Our Solaris installation of Xemacs and R:

SunOS fluke 5.9 Generic_117171-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R

one cannot start R inside xemacs:
M-x R

"symbol's function definition is void".

Also, loading a *.tex file into Xemacs will result in

related processes do not show.

Last week everything was working fine both for R and TeX, but suddenly
things got broken. May be this has something to do with compiling the
patch 1.9.0..?

To me it is looking like a path problem. So, to find out, I would think
of a mode in Xemacs that that traces the startup of R tells me, which
file it was not able to find and why (environment variable wrong, ...)

Can anybody please give a hint?

Thanks
Christian
--