[R] Behaviour of R with win98 and XP?

Richard Müller r.mueller at oeko-sorpe.de
Mon Jul 5 17:36:34 CEST 2004

Dear list,
I encounter a strange problem: I hav R (1.6.1) installed on a notebook with
winXP-Prof and a similar installation (same path names etc.) on a desktop
computer with W98.
I use rcmd BATCH filename to display graphs from the data stored in filename.
With R on my notebook everything works fine. I have the same data, the same
filenames, the same paths on th w98-computer. Here I see just a short
flickering of the console window and that was it.
Whe I copy the lines of the script in the console window of R, I get the
following message:

... /Code: (snip)....
file="c://Temp//TempFile.csv"
inp <- scan(file, sep=";", dec=",", list(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0), skip =
13, nlines = 58)
..../code(end) snip......
The error message:
Error in file(file, "r"): unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open file `c://Temp//TempFile.csv'

Does R behave different unter W98 than it does under XP?
Thanks for helping
Richard
Richard Müller - Am Spring 9 - D-58802 Balve-Eisborn
r.mueller at oeko-sorpe.de      -     www.oeko-sorpe.de