[R] text editor for R

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Thu Jul 8 03:30:51 CEST 2004

I use WinEdt for both.  I simply installed it twice, and set up one
version for R and one for LaTeX, I have seperate icons on the desktop,
with different names, and it works fine.

HTH

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010
(212) 845-4485 (voice)
(917) 438-0894 (fax)

>>> maj at stats.waikato.ac.nz 07/07/04 7:37 PM >>>
I tried R-WinEdt a few years ago, but as I remember it interfered with
my usual use of WinEdt which is as a front end to MiKTeX. Is there a way

to use WinEdt both ways?

Murray Jorgensen

Marc Schwartz wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 17:47, Yi-Xiong Sean Zhou wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>

>>What is the best text editor for programming in R? I am using JEdit as
the
>>text editor, however, it does not have anything specific for R. It
will be
>>nice to have a developing environment where the keywords are
highlighted,
>>plus some other debugging functions.
>>
>>Yi-Xiong
>

> More information is available at:
>
> http://www.sciviews.org/_rgui/
>
> Your e-mail headers suggest that you are using Windows. Thus, perhaps
> the two best choices (subject to challenge by others) would be:
>
> 1. R-WinEdt (Under IDE/Script Editors)
>
> 2. ESS for Windows
>
> The above two tools provide for a wide variety of functionality beyond
> syntax highlighting.
>
> There is a syntax highlighting file listed at the above site for
jEdit.

> HTH,
>
> Marc Schwartz

Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand
Email: maj at waikato.ac.nz                                Fax 7 838 4155
Phone  +64 7 838 4773 wk    +64 7 849 6486 home    Mobile 021 1395 862