[R] dyn.load() for windows

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Fri Jul 9 12:11:16 CEST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 01:58:27 -0700 (PDT), Utsav Boobna
<catch_utsav at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>   I compiled several C program files on Borland C++
>compiler to get one dll output (as instructed in the
>file readme.package). Now when I try to load this
>*.dll to R using dyn.load(), then the machine gives
>the error message "*.dll is not a valid windows
>data,....". The out put of R is
>
>I am working on win2k.
>What could be the possible reason for that?

Please show us your code and the exact error message (using cut and
paste).  It might also help if you gave an exact description of how
you produced the DLL (though I'm not familiar with BC++, someone else
might be), and gave version numbers of BC++ and R.

Duncan Murdoch