[R] X/Emacs and R in Linux

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue Jun 1 19:06:19 CEST 2004

Dan Bolser <dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk> writes:

>>And you sent them to the wrong list, as well.
>
> Ahhh, what a tipical piece of R related information... well... which list
> should I post to then? Why can't I see a README? why does the
> documentation suggest I need to compile bit code? why do you assume that I
> *should* know what I am doing?

ESS is not just for R.  ESS-help is a rather useful mailing list.
Some of the people there have time.

I don't.  Not today.

> I want to use R with emacs but I have no experience, I didn't find the
> docs usefull and I am sorry for existing.

We've got lots of docs in various places -- would be great if someone
could point to all of them.

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}