[R] Tutorial for graphics

Phil morenzp at rogers.com
Thu Jun 17 04:12:49 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm coming to R from Matlab and I'm finding it difficult to find a good
introduction to graphics in R.  (The best I've found so far is Ch. 4 of
Emmanuel Paradis "R for Beginners".  Still, I have been unable to discover
simple things like how to resize the axes on an existing plot, how to add
(or change) axis labels on an existing plot, etc.  Can anyone point me to a
suitable tutorial, or even tell me how to perform those tasks?

Also, Matlab's graphical widget has the ability to zoom (and unzoom) by
drawing a rectangle on the graph with the mouse.  Is there anything similar
in R?

Thanks in advance,

Phil Morenz