[R] Maps from PX-Map files

F. Tusell etptupaf at bs.ehu.es
Mon Mar 1 12:08:46 CET 2004

I have been handed a CD ROM with statistical data readable with a
program named PC-Axis. There
is the possibility of creating custom maps to display the data.
Aparently, this is handled by a program
named PX-Map. Looking in the CD ROM I see files with extension .shp
which I guess contain
information about boundaries or shapes.

Does any one know if there is a way to use this information from within
R? I have been looking at
the maps package and the GRASS interface to no avail. Any help appreciated.

--
Fernando TUSELL                                e-mail:
Departamento de Econometría y Estadística           etptupaf at bs.ehu.es
Facultad de CC.EE. y Empresariales             Tel:   (+34)94.601.3733
Avenida Lendakari Aguirre, 83                  Fax:   (+34)94.601.3754
E-48015 BILBAO  (Spain)                        Secr:  (+34)94.601.3740